When I write in this blog, it's been early morning musings about what I went through the day before. Because of my weekend away and the ensuing flurry around the event, I've not made time to settle down and write. So this post is about catching up to the day missed writing, so contextually it's a bit different...but not by much.
I'm very grateful to be here. It's not even about the event but more about being away from work. It's been very busy and getting busier. This gift of being away allows me the opportunity to breathe and catch up to me.
After yesterday's angst, I'm allowing myself to rise up again, forgive and move on. Forgiveness of self mostly as I held myself against a high ideal and because I slipped, I judged and convicted myself as guilty, a sentence punishable by death, well not really, but something close to it.
![]() |
| A Parksville sunrise |
The resort is in a beautiful area of the island. Although I'm off my schedule, I still made time to take an evening walk last night so I would feel I was still on track with my self care regime. I'm adamant about not falling away by the wayside with this.
I ran into the woman holding the fashion show at the event. She asked me to be a model in the show. Interesting. Here I am struggling with how I look and I get asked to show myself, centre stage.
I agreed.
'Great', I thought, now I have to quickly lose 50lbs by tomorrow afternoon so I would feel comfortable in front an audience of women. As crazy a thought as that was, it flashed through my mind for a micro-second as achievable.
I went for my walk, and resolved that it was ok to show myself in my current condition, after all, if I wasn't ok as I was, the invitation to model would not have come. So I got over it and enjoyed my walk and surroundings.
I am more than good enough
May 1
Food intake:
- Breakfast:
- Lunch:
- Dinner:
- Snacks:
Time stopped eating:
Time to bed:
# of hours slept:
Exercise:
- Walking/mins:
- Yoga: no
- Weight training:
- Affirmations:
- Prayer/Gratitude: yes
- Meditation:
- Write out 5 top life goals:
- Read empowering information:
- Lemon water:
- Write 350 words:
- Exercise:

I love that you were invited to model and that you accepted. Its like the universe is reminding you that this is about more than weight, and you accepted the lesson
ReplyDelete