Monday, 11 May 2015

Just Like Mary

It's day 16 and I'm still in.

It was Mother's Day yesterday and I felt a bit sad. My mother had left and my daughter is not speaking to me at the  moment. I spent the day feeling like a fish out of water.  I did spend the afternoon with a friend, so it wasn't too bad.

My food intake was a bit off.  Had cheesecake for dessert with wine.  I also noticed that I was feeling achy, so went to bed earlier than usual.

I've decided that I'm not going to weigh myself.  My 'scale' will be knowing I'm doing 'the work' each day, eating well and drinking water.  How my clothes fit will be my barometer.  Checking #s will make me a bit crazy, so I'm opting out of that.
Artwork over my fireplace

I recognize this is not about losing weight it's about how I treat myself.  Weight loss will be a by-product of well I look after myself.  If I deem myself important, I will feed my body with healthy, nutritious food, keep hydrated and will exercise to ensure optimal health.  Getting caught up in how much weight I've lost or gained is not what I want to engage in.

I'm hoping this coming week finds me happier and more energetic.

I've also just realized that my super-hero or archetype is 'Mary Poppins'.  I smiled when I realized that I had created my mojo logo with the same umbrella theme as well as having artwork in my home depicting an umbrella.  Like Mary, I pop in, spiral up the energy, then pop out again.  Interesting!

I love myself enough to practice optimal self care. I am worthy and I love myself.

1 comment:

  1. I love the image of the woman stepping forward joyfully with the umbrella behind her, as if to say that the protection is there if she needs it, but otherwise the umbrella can be an accessory!

    You are right - it is not really about the weight loss. It is about how you treat yourself, and the weight loss will be a side effect of that. I think not focusing obsessively on how much weight is lost is probably also good because it takes attention off something that might trigger fear and self sabotage.

    I am enjoying watching your process Pamela

    ReplyDelete