Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Coming Out Of The Shadows

It's day 48 and I'm still in.

New findings through research has determined that it takes approx. 66 days for a new habit to form, not 21 days which was the previous popular thought of the day.

So at 48 days, I'm on my way!

These past few days have been EXTREMELY difficult.  My energy dipped way below normal operating levels.  I believe most of the problem centered around mindset issues.  A debilitating thought found its way into my mind and rolled me to a less than effective space.
My morning path


It's taken days for me to release myself this heavy funk.   Even the prospect of an upcoming workshop I was to lead did not shake me from my brooding and deep introspection.

I'm finally coming out of that dark place.  I questioned myself as to what had happened and all I could come up with is I'm missing familiarity.  Missing friends, family, loved ones and closeness.  My past 8 months of busy-ness had covered up my lack of those things that made up my life.  Those things began poking into my awareness.  Devastation was the result.

My job is to now align myself to the concept of 'home' and 'belonging' and ways I can create that for myself.

My workouts were a bit wobbly this last week as I brooded.  Back to regular schedules tomorrow.

Pamela you are worth the effort.

Even though I was in a dark place, I'm still loving, lovable and worthy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pamela, glad you are working through it. You can always call me if you think talking something through will help you let go of it.

    ReplyDelete